10 Proven Benefits of Astragalus Root
Do you know about astragalus? If not, you should, because astragalus root is one of the most powerful immune-building plants on the planet. There are more astragalus benefits that are simply unbelievable, which is why it's one of the essential herbs to add to your wellness regimen. Today, astragalus medicinal healing and treatment uses span many different illnesses and diseases. Astragalus provides health benefits to a number of body systems and ailments. More recent studies in humans and animals have shown astragalus can slow the progress of kidney problems in diabetics and protect the renal system. Astragalus has been shown to help patients receiving chemotherapy to recover more quickly and extend their life spans. Astragalus root is an adaptogen used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a remedy for a large number of conditions.
According to continuing research, astragalus health benefits include:
1. Acts as an Anti-Inflammatory;
2. Boosts the Immune System;
3. Slows or Prevents the Growth of Tumors;
4. Protects the Cardiovascular System;
5. Regulates and Prevents Diabetes and Illnesses Related to Diabetes;
6. Contains Antioxidative and Anti-Aging Capabilities;
7. Aids in Wound Healing and Minimizes Scarring;
8. Alleviates Symptoms of Chemotherapy;
9. Treats Colds and Flu;
10. Provides Supplemental Therapy for Chronic Asthma.
There are several ways to use it, from teas to supplements to topical creams. You can also incorporate it into various recipes.
When using astragalus, be sure to consult with your physician and be aware of possible interactions and side effects.
source url: https://draxe.com/nutrition/astragalus/